What is success? Definition of success vary from person to person, depending on how individuals’ brains think of it.
Labour (working on daily wages) willing to own the house. An employee would like to become a businessman. A businessman would like to spend more time with family. One wants to buy a sport car.
Do you think, example that I have mentioned above are success definitions? Not really, these are the desires. Desires gives you temporary pleasure, but success gives your happiness for lifetime.
What it would be if Labour get a house but unable to pay debt or maintenance of house. An employee started a business, but don’t know how to manage staff. Would businessman be able to buy a time later in exchange of all his money? Can a person park his sport car anywhere? You see desires comes with additional desires and responsibilities.
Desires and dreams, we can convert into organized solutions would be success. Let’s check on same cases again to understand it. Labour buys a house, but good financial planning helps him to stay debt free. Vice thinking, resource planning and strategic moves would help working employee to set up a business. Time management and discipline helps businessman to spend quality time with family. Provision of nicely sheltered parking space and money to fuel sport car would help person who dreamed about sport car. All these persons would be in trouble in later stages if they don’t have right attitude to solve interdepended challenges coming from their desire.
In simple words, Success is group of desires or dreams and goals achieved by strategic way and positive attitude by an individual to get happiness in life.
We always think of things which we don’t have and dream about it. We managed to get all things in our life still we often find ourselves unhappy. We should rather focus on things we can solve or things we can do.
Our success is revolving around below things
1. Source of income – Ask yourself, how much money you need to have to set define yourself successful. Trust me if you do have an answer now, it’s going to change when you achieve it because we humans tend to expect more until we die. I’m not restricting you to set up a goal here but I’m recommending to plan what you can do to achieve those goals. In today’s fast-paced and uncertain environment, one source of income is not enough. Think of all your resources and try to create as many income possibilities.
“It’s better to earn one dollar by 100 different income sources than to earn 100$ by only one source.”Warren Buffet
2. Family and relations – What would be the use of money, if we won’t be able to cherish the benefits of it with family and loved ones. It’s the most crucial point contributing towards success and that is family. Try to balance your professional life and family life. Spend quality time with family. They deserve it and your success is incomplete without your loved once.
3. Attitude – You are defining your personality to yourself and to others the way you are handing your attitude. Our brain always thinks of two possibilities in any circumstances i.e. things you can change and things you can’t. Power to identify which possibility is doable is called positive attitude whereas the power to accept things which we can’t change is also a positive attitude. Blaming yourself or pinpointing others for things that can’t be changed is an example of a negative attitude. The cost you are paying for using your attitude is your time and brain. Thus, most of the motivational speaker speaks only about positive attitude so that we can eliminate wastage of time and brain which also help us to remove negativity from our life.
4. Setting up boundaries – Do not set up any limitations and boundaries for your dreams and goals. There is a difference between fish we see in the tank, river and sea. You can’t see a whale swimming into a tank or river. Never think that you can’t do anything, always give it a try. Remember, failure is always better than not giving it a try. The world only knows 1001th successful invention by Thomas Edison but there are 1000 failed experiments without which neither Thomas would have achieved success nor we would have seen bulb.
“Whatever you think whether you can or you can’t, you are right”Henry Ford
5. Clean your soul – Money/relations can be made in different ways. Those who prefer to have shortcuts select wrong ways and end up in nothing but worse. Those who keep patience and really contribute meaning to other’s life gets everything that they didn’t even ask for.
If you wish to dig it deeper then I would recommend you to check out below books which will help you to get more explanation on the same with examples.
I have tried my best to share short summery on how you can define, achieve, and maintain success for yourself. Please share your experience, like dislike in the comments. Until next time, never stop reading.